Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 2 pounds assorted dark leafy greens, such as mustard, collard, and rainbow chard
- 8 rashers bacon, cut into about 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp bacon fat (or omit)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (can be reduced or omitted)
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cook bacon to slightly less than done in a large stainless steel pot. Drain. If desired, pour one Tbsp bacon fat back into pot.
- Add greens. Sauté over medium high heat for 7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and lower heat to medium low. Cook for 45 minutes. Defat if needed.
- Serve warm, with a vinegar-based, clear hot sauce to accompany.