Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Yield||About 48 quarter wedges|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1½ cup warm water
- Vegetable oil for frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine ingredients and knead into a round ball.
- Cover with a towel and let set for 10–20 minutes.
- Break dough into 2–3 inch balls. Roll out each ball so that it is 8–12 inches in diameter. Cut into quarters.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Turn once.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve warm plain or drizzled with honey or strawberry syrup.