Jump to navigation Jump to search
One recipe for the production of snickerdoodle cookies is as follows.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 344 g (2 ¾ cups or 24 oz) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 300 g (1 ½ cups or 12 oz) white sugar
- 205 g (1 cup or 8 oz) soft shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F or Gas Mark 6).
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Cream together the sugar and shortening. Beat in the eggs.
- Mix the flour mixture into the batter to make a dough.
- Shape dough into little balls, then transfer to a greased or parchment-lined lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and light brown.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon while hot.