Cookbook:Smoking Shrimp Creole
|Smoking Shrimp Creole|
Smoking Shrimp Creole
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 small seeded green bell pepper
- 1 small celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (14-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼-½ ground chipotle chili
- ¾ pound small or medium shrimp, shelled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion, celery, pepper, and garlic until the onion is translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, paprika, and chipotle chili.
- Simmer the sauce, uncovered, until it is thick, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring it 2 or 3 times.
- Add the shrimp and cook, uncovered, until they are pink and firm, 5 to 7 minutes, depending on their size.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Serve over cooked brown rice.