Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs granulated garlic
- 4 hamburger buns, split in half and toasted
- Canola or olive oil
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Form meat into 4 equal patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Make a depression in the center with your thumb and set aside.
- Brush patties with oil. Sprinkle on both sides with seasonings.
- Preheat grill. Add patties and cook, turning often, until desired "doneness" is achieved. Remove to a plate, top each with a slice of cheese, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Let rest until cheese is melted.
- Brush cut sides of bread with oil. Add a patty onto the bottom half of a bun, then top with the upper half. Repeat with remaining meat and serve immediately.