Cookbook:Smoked Salmon Chowder
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Smoked Salmon Chowder –
- Servings: 42.6 servings
- Serving size: 3 ounces/ 237 ml
- Yield: 1 Gallon/ 128 ounces/ 1.3 Liters
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 Tbsp. cup grape seed/safflower/canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 3 potatoes, boiled and smashed
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, crumbled
- 1/2 gallon salmon/fish stock
- 1/2 gallon milk
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place stock pot over medium heat, add oil.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, stirring until onions turn clear.
- Add tarragon and salmon stock to deglaze bottom of pan.
- Stir in smashed potatoes, smoked salmon. Continue to stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add milk and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
Vegetable stock can be substituted. Additional seafood can be added. Frozen veggies can be added. Parsley or dill can be used as garnish. Paprika or cayenne will add some spice!