Cookbook:Smoked Salmon Chowder
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Smoked Salmon Chowder|
|Yield||1 gallon (128 ounces/1.3 liters)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 tbsp grape seed/safflower/canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 3 potatoes, boiled and smashed
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, crumbled
- ½ gallon salmon/fish stock
- ½ gallon milk
- 1 tbsp black pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place stock pot over medium heat, add oil.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, stirring until onions turn clear.
- Add tarragon and salmon stock to deglaze bottom of pan.
- Stir in smashed potatoes, smoked salmon. Continue to stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add milk and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.