Cookbook:Simple Ayurvedic Sprout Salad
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A simple and tasty salad that make up from a variety of sprouts and vegetables.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup fresh mung sprouts (sprout your own and use them when the sprouts are about 1/2" long)
- 1/2 cup deseeded peeled diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the veggies and sprouts in a glass bowl.
- Whisk together the salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil in a separate bowl.
- Add to the salad and toss well to mix.
- Garnish with the cilantro and sunflower seeds and serve at room temperature or cool.