Cookbook:Shrimp Fried Rice
|Shrimp Fried Rice|
The shrimp fried rice recipe is incredibly tasty. You can use any vegetable you have on hand to make it, and once the rice is cooked, everything else will be ready quickly. For this recipe, soy sauce is essential because it adds flavor and color. In addition to making the dish appetizing, soy sauce gives the rice a lovely light golden hue. This recipe works well with leftover white rice as well
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- Vegetable oil
- Eggs, whisked
- Garlic, minced
- Fresh ginger, minced
- Onion, chopped
- Bell pepper, diced
- Green peas
- Carrots, diced
- Seasoning cubes
- Fried rice spice
- Cooked rice
- Soy sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the shrimp, then set them aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a nonstick pan or wok that has been heated over medium heat. Add the shrimp, and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then flip them over and cook until just barely pink but not overdone. Remove the shrimp, leaving a thin layer of oil in the pan.
- Add the whisked egg, and gently fry it before breaking it up into little pieces and removing it to a different plate.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and onions to the hot pan. When they are aromatic, add the bell peppers, green peas, and carrots.
- Add the fried rice spice, season with salt, and sauté for 2 minutes, turning periodically, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the scrambled eggs to the vegetables along with the cooked rice. Add soy sauce to taste, and mix into the mixture.
- Spread everything evenly around the pan's surface, and cook until the rice is well-heated. Make sure the soy sauce and vegetables are evenly distributed over the rice.
- Stir the cooked shrimp back into the rice to combine. Check for salt, then stir over medium heat until everything is heated through.
- Remove the shrimp fried rice from the heat, and serve it with a cold beverage.