Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Butter a shirred egg dish (a small casserole or custard dish).
- Put the dish on a low heat to melt the butter, or just add 2–3 tsp cream.
- Break an egg in the dish over the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Optionally, sprinkle with shredded cheese and/or bread crumbs.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F long enough to set the whites of the eggs. Alternatively, cook by placing the dish directly on low heat.
- Serve in the same dish.