Cookbook:Sesame Shrimp Toast
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 20 fresh uncooked large shrimp
- 4 egg
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch pepper
- 3 slices (or more as needed) sandwich bread
- 1 green onion
- 3 Tbls vegetable oil
- 4 Tbls sesame seeds
- Remove shells from shrimp, removing tails. Remove back veins from shrimp. Cut down back of shrimp with sharp knife. Chop shrimp into a very small dice.
- Beat 1 egg, cornstarch, salt and pepper and finely chopped onions in a small bowl until blended.
- Add shrimp to egg mixture and toss until shrimp are completely coated.
- Remove crusts from bread. Cut each slice into quarter.
- Place one spoonful of shrimp mixture on each piece of bread.
- Gently press shrimp to adhere to bread.
- Brush or rub small amount of egg mixture over each shrimp toast.
- Dip moist side into the sesame seeds spread out on a plate.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F (190°C).
- Fry 3 or 4 shrimp toast pieces at a time in the hot oil until golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Drain on absorbent paper.