Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 ¼ cup water
- Soy sauce
- 1 cup gluten flour (see seitan for how to gain gluten from wheat flour)
- Spices (e.g. garlic powder, optional)
- Onions (optional), chopped
Breading (optional)[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine water and soy sauce.
- Combine gluten, salt, and spices.
- Combine the water and gluten mixtures. Knead until smooth.
- If using, knead in chopped onions.
- Shape the seitan dough into patties.
- Combine all the ingredients for the breading, and use it to coat the patties on all sides.
- Fry the patties in an oiled pan. Don't use too much oil but enough to let the breading pick up some oil on both sides.