Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 ounce assorted dried seaweed or wakame
- 1/4 cup shallot, scallion or red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin (or sugar)
- 1/2 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne salt, if necessary
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse the seaweed and soak until it has increased 10x in size, about 5 minutes. Gently squeeze to remove excess water. Sort out any hard bits and chop. Put pieces in a bowl.
- Toss with the shallot, soy sauce, vinegar, mirin (or sugar), sesame oil, cayenne, and salt (if necessary). Taste and add seasonings as needed. Garnish with sesame seeds.