Cookbook:Savory Mustard Sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is great on filet mignons, pork tenderloin, or a grilling baste for chicken.
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot, very finely minced
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, divided
- Heat olive oil in a large slope-sided skillet over medium high heat. Add shallot and sauté until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine broth and starch. Set aside.
- Once shallot has cooked, add mustard, salt, and pepper to pan. Decrease heat to medium low heat.
- Once sauce heats to just below a simmer, add broth mixture. Cook, whisking continuously, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Whisk in butter 1 tbs at a time, waiting for the one before it to melt all the way before adding another.
- Once all butter has been used, remove sauce from heat and serve with a steak or some pork tenderloin, or a grilling baste.