Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1/4 kg potatoes and green peas combined
- 2 onions
- 2 twigs mint leaves
- 2 green chillis
- 2 twigs of cilantro (coriander)
- Spices (optional)
- Maida (all-purpose flour)
- A little sprinkle of olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- A little table salt
- Cooking oil (for deep frying)
- Steam the potatoes and peas separately.
- Cut the onions into small slices.
- Pour some olive oil into a frying pan.
- Add onions and cut green hot chillies and sauté the onions until they turn transparent.
- Add the vegetables and spices, and sauté them while stirring, until they are completely cooked. Break potatoes into small pieces before adding.
- Add mint leaves, and coriander leaves (cilantro).
- Mix flour with water to make a stiff dough and add one tablespoon of cooking oil with a pinch of table salt. Knead it well.
- Roll into even-sized balls(3.5cm diameter approx.) and roll them out into circles using a rolling pin.
- Cut into 12 semi-circles.
- Place the vegetable mixture onto the dough semi-circles and fold on three sides to make into a cone shape.
- Deep fry until they become solid and crispy.
Note: Multiple variations are possible for filling. Lamb and other meats work well with samosa, as do peppers, rice, paneer and mince (keema).