In this dish of salmon spaghetti, salmon, dill, and horseradish are going to work their magic on your guests! Even people who were not enthusiastic about salmon have really loved this dish. Salmon has a very distinctive taste, so the perfect herb for a delicious salmon dish is dill, whose soft and delicate flavor balances the rather prominent taste of the salmon.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 250 g smoked or fresh salmon, chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp horseradish, freshly grated
- 1 pinch of black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch of salt
- 9 oz (250 g) spaghetti
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and gently sauté the onion for about 2 minutes until glassy.
- Put the salmon into the pan and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine, but be careful! Too much wine causes a distinctly winey taste.
- Wait for about 1 minute, then add the cream; dissolve the crème fraîche and stir in the horseradish.
- Let the sauce simmer until it thickens and absorbs the characteristic taste of the salmon. Add the dill last and season with a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt. Be very careful with the salt when using smoked salmon as it already contains a significant amount of salt.
- Put the spaghetti on two serving plates and add the sauce. Garnish the plate with a slice of lemon and some dill leaves. Serve immediately and offer white wine with the dish.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- To give the dish an extravagant touch, add horseradish. It is said that a slice of horseradish put into the wallet prevents the wallet from ever being empty again.