Cookbook:Coconut Rum-Battered Shrimp
(Redirected from Cookbook:Rum-Battered Shrimp)
- 24 large (15/20) peeled deveined butterflied shrimp
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- Sweetened shredded coconut, or shredded fresh coconut
- Oil for deep-frying
- Combine rum and seasonings. Pour over shrimp and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, 8 hours for most. (the alcohol will cook it after that)
- Dredge shrimp in coconut. Let rest at room temperature 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350F. Fry shrimp 6 at a time 3 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack above a sheet pan. Squeeze some lemon juice over and serve warm.