Cookbook:Coconut Rum-Battered Shrimp
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Coconut Rum-Battered Shrimp|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 24 large (15/20) shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- Sweetened shredded coconut, or shredded fresh coconut
- Oil for deep-frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine rum and seasonings. Pour over shrimp and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, 8 hours for most (the alcohol will cook it after that).
- Dredge shrimp in coconut. Let rest at room temperature 2–3 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350°F. Fry shrimp 6 at a time 3 minutes.
- Drain on a cooling rack above a sheet pan.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over and serve warm.