Cookbook:Rosemary Garlic Fish
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Greek cuisine | Fish
This is the Catsoulis family recipe from the Greek island of Kythera.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Flathead fillets
- Plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of chopped, fresh garlic
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- ½ cup of brown vinegar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Toss fillets in seasoned flour until coated.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add garlic and rosemary leaves. Cook slightly, then add the fish.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from pan and drain off excess oil.
- There should be enough flour in the pan (fallen from the fish) to make the sauce. If there isn’t, add a tablespoon of flour to the pan juices and brown. Add vinegar (and stand back!). Add a little water and stir to make gravy.
- Spoon gravy over fish and serve with a Greek salad.