Cookbook:Yeasted Rolls II
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Rolls)
|Yeasted Rolls II|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1¼ cups (300 ml) lukewarm milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 cups (360 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk and add the sugar.
- In another bowl, sift the flour and salt together and add the cooled melted butter.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture, turn out onto a floured counter, and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm, draft free place to 45 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto the freshly floured board and shape into 9 balls. Place dough balls into a buttered and floured 9-inch square pan. Let them sit, covered, for another 15 minutes to rise again. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until browned and puffed. Split open and serve warm.