Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 8 slices thinly sliced veal
- 4 slices of ham cut in halves
- 2 hard boiled eggs cut into quarters
- 8 olives (con morrones - stuffed with peppers) cut in halves
- 1 crushed or chopped garlic clove
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- Gravy powder (as required)
- Lay out one slice of veal on worktop; place on it half a slice of ham, quarter egg and two olive halves.
- Carefully roll up the veal to make a package or roll with everything inside. Use two toothpicks to hold the roll together.
- Place rolls on a plate and store in a cool place or fridge.
- Fry garlic and onions till soft.
- Add stock and two teaspoons of gravy powder and bring to boil.
- Carefully place veal rolls into the boiling mixture being careful not to break them up.
- Lower heat and simmer till done. If sauce is too thin add gravy powder till the right consistency is achieved.
This meal is traditionally served with mashed potatoes. There is an alternative method made with a tomato sauce instead of brown gravy.