Cookbook:Roasted Oysters with Madeira
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rinse the oysters in a colander and drain well.
- Roast the oysters in their shells in a large pot over medium high heat until they are done and dry, but not scorched.
- Remove the oysters from the shell onto a plate, without any of their liquor. Discard any oysters that failed to open.
- Add the butter. When the butter has melted, add to another pan and place on low heat.
- Add the Madeira, a little salt and cayenne. Serve when the Madeira is heated.
The information in this module was taken from the public domain 1881 Household Cyclopedia and modernized by Wikibooks editors.