Cookbook:Rice and Beef Soup
- 2 rice cooker cups (12 US fl oz in total, or 1.5 cups) (360 mL) long grain rice.
- 10 cups (1.9 L) water
- 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) cinnamon, ground
- 2 pounds (about 1 kg) beef, cubed
- Add the rice, water, parsley, chives, rosemary, and pepper to a 10 cup or larger rice cooker.
- For a simple rice cooker, turn it on. For a fancy (fuzzy logic) rice cooker, set the rice cooker to the quick cook setting and start.
- Cover and allow to come to a simmer.
- Add the beef and cinnamon, cover again, and allow to cook for 60 minutes.