Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pulihora or Lemon Rice is a South Indian rice dish.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Red chillies
- Bengal gram
- Black gram
- Mustard seed
- Curry leaves
- Tamarind or lemon juice
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet
- Heat the required quantity of oil to which add red chillies, Bengal gram, black gram, mustard seeds, groundnuts and don't forget curry leaves
- Add turmeric powder may be a little more will give you good color to the food
- After the added content is heated properly Add tamarind and/or lemon juice
- let the soup of tamrind boil till you get more viscous liquid
- Add salt to your taste.
- Also add little bit of jaggery.
- Once the paste is ready spread the rice in a wide plate or steel basin the cooked rice shall be cooled and separated to grain level now you can mix your viscous liquid and mix properly.
- Wait at least for an hour for the liquid to get absorbed by the rice and now check the salt if required add little.
- This can be served at the picnics and parties.
- The paste or viscous liquid can be stored for days together and used as a ready mix.