Cookbook:Pudding with coconut topping (Tako)
Thai Pudding with Coconut Topping (Tako)[edit | edit source]
Thai Pudding with Coconut Topping, or Tako (Thai: ตะโก้), is a Thai dessert made of flour,sugar, coconut milk, and other flavoring ingredients such as corn or taro. It is a traditional dessert of Thailand. Tako has three main parts. First, the jelly base made of flour mixed with water and sugar. The second part is the topping made of coconut milk. The last part is the cup ,or Krathong (Thai: กระทง), made of Pandan leaves. Tako has green cup, white topping, turquoise jelly base, and tastes sweet.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Jelly Base :
- 75 g (3 ounces) of rice flour
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour
- 250 ml (8 fluid ounces) of water
- 1 tablespoon of soft brown sugar
- 225 g (8 ounces) of white sugar
- 50 g (2 ounces) of water chestnuts, finely chopped, or 25 grams (1 ounce) of lotus seeds
- Coconut Milk Topping :
- 350 ml (12 fluid ounces) of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of rice flour
- ½ tablespoons of corn flour
- teaspoon of salt
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Combine the rice flour, corn flour, and water in a mixing bowl to begin to make the jelly base.
- Strain the mixed ingredients from previous step into a saucepan, and stir in the sugar.
- Boil over medium heat while stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Then set the heat lower and cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water chestnuts or lotus seeds (depending on your choice).
- Then put the mixture of ingredients into the Pandan leaves cups, and leave it to cool.
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat and mix all the coconut topping ingredients together to make the topping.
- Stir for 10 minutes until the mixture of ingredients turns into a thick custard.
- Let it cool for a few minutes. Then put the topping carefully on top of the jelly base in each cup.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Thai Pudding with Coconut topping (Ta-Go Sago Sai Haew)". http://en.foodtravel.tv/recfoodShow_Detail.aspx?viewId=1241#. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Coconut-Topped Pudding". http://www.eggsegg.com/desserts/2116/coconut-topped-pudding/. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Thai Pudding with Coconut Topping". http://recipesfromthailand.com/thai-pudding-coconut-topping-4/. Retrieved 27 September 2014.