Cookbook:Potato Spelt Oat Burger
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Potato Spelt Oat Burger|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Mashed potatoes
- Oat flakes
- Soy sauce
- Tomatoes (optional), chopped
- Onions (optional), chopped
- Chili powder
- Gyro spice
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the mashed potatoes, spelt flour, and oat flakes in about equal amounts (1:1:1).
- Mix in soy sauce and water.
- Fry the onions and tomatoes in a little oil, and add to the potato mixture.
- Mix in salt, pepper, savory, chili powder, and gyro spice to taste.
- Form the mixture into patties. Fry lightly in a pan with a thin layer of oil until browned on both sides.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Gyro spice is a spice blend consisting of paprika, chili pepper, onions, oregano, parsley, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, allspice, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and/or monosodium glutamate.