Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 potatoes, chopped (Yukon gold are good, but use whatever you like)
- 1 can chickpeas (unsalted, if available)
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté them in olive oil in a saucepan for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and fry for a couple minutes more.
- Add the coconut milk and the potatoes. Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas and add them (note: if doubling the recipe, still only use one can) and simmer for about 20 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked.
Serve with basmati rice or whatever you prefer.
If the curry powder you use isn't spicy enough for your taste, try adding a half-teaspoon of cayenne pepper.