Cookbook:Pork Braised with Garlic and Onions of Indonesia (Babi Kecap)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pork Braised with Garlic and Onions of Indonesia (Babi Kecap)|
This is a traditional Indonesian dish.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 kg pork
- 5 large white onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Black pepper
- Chili pepper (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cut the meat into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger to a pan and cook at around 200°C.
- Add the pork and mix with the soy sauce and black pepper (and chili pepper if desired).
- After about 3–4 minutes, reduce the heat to around 120°C and cook, covered, for one hour.
- Serve with nice-tasting rice.