Cookbook:Phulourie (Split Pea Fritters)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Phulourie (Split Pea Fritters)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ pt split peas, or 1 lb ground split pea flour
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2–3 cloves garlic, ground
- 1 beaten egg
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground gheera (cumin)
- Oil for frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- If using whole split peas, soak overnight in lightly salted cold water, lightly salted. Drain and grind finely using a mill or food processor.
- Mix all the ingredients, adding enough water to make a dropping consistency.
- Drop dollops of batter into hot oil, squishing through thumb and forefinger to make balls about ¾ inch in diameter.
- Fry until golden brown, remove from oil, and drain on brown paper or kitchen towel.