Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ pt split peas, or 1 lb ground split peas flour
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, ground
- 1 beaten egg
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground gheera (cumin)
- Oil for frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Soak the split peas overnight in cold water, lightly salted.
- Then drain and grind finely using a mill or food processor.
- Mix all the ingredients using water to make it to a dropping consistency.
- Drop into hot oil, squishing through thumb and forefinger to make balls, about ¾ inch in diameter.
- Fry until golden brown, remove from oil and drain on brown paper or kitchen towel.