From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 pound filet mignon, pounded flat
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hoagie rolls, almost halved
- American singles, torn
- 1 small onion, julienned
- Drizzle filet with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Sear in a cast-iron pan over medium heat 6 minutes per side. Remove and let rest 7 minutes before slicing into bite-size pieces. Keep warm.
- Toss onion with a little olive oil and sauté in same pan until lightly browned around edges.
- To serve, place a big scoop of steak into a hoagie roll. Top with onion and torn cheese. Serve.