Cookbook:Pezzetti di Cavallo
Pezzetti di cavallo (Pieces of horse) is a dish from Italy.
- Horse meat
- Tomato sauce
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Parsley, carrots, chilli peppers, laurel and celery
- Cut the horse meat in cubes and fry it in a pan with some onion until it turns brown.
- Add one litre of tomato sauce for every kilogramme of meat.
- Then add carrots, parsley, celery, two leaves of laurel and chilli peppers after a taste.
- Cook on low heat (preferably in a clay pot).
- Skim the foam on the top and let simmer for four hours.
Serve with home-made bread.