Cookbook:Peach and Tomato Gazpacho
|Peach and Tomato Gazpacho|
This peach and tomato gazpacho is a cold soup that is wonderful to taste and refreshing to serve during the warmer months. The peach flavor adds a variation on the traditional more Spanish combination of tomato, bell pepper, and cucumber. Gazpacho is popular throughout Spain, Portugal, and Latin America. This particular version is more modern and is especially easy to make as little chopping is needed if you use the blender as described.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 cups (946 mL / 1.5 lb / 630 g) tomatoes
- 2 cups (473 mL / 1 lb / 454 g) pitted peaches
- ¼ cup (59 mL) crushed ice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped shallot
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp (22 mL) white-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL / 8 sprigs) chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Medium-sized bowl
- Small-sized bowl
- Blender (strong enough to chop ice)
- Knife for cutting vegetables
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Scale (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cut the tomato into sections, place ⅔ into the blender, and set the other ⅓ to the side in the small bowl.
- Run the blender on high speed to purée the tomatoes.
- Cut the pitted peaches into sections, place ½ into the blender, and set the other ½ to the side in the small bowl.
- Add the peaches to the tomato purée and blend on high speed to purée the peaches.
- Cut the shallot into sections, place into the mixture, and purée.
- Chop the fresh tarragon, removing and discarding any large stems, place the leaves into the blender mixture, and purée.
- Add olive oil, white wine vinegar, tarragon, salt, and pepper to blender and mix well.
- Add crushed ice into the blender and purée for 30 seconds on highest power.
- Add contents from small bowl into blender and pulse on lowest setting very briefly (this will provide some texture to gazpacho with small chunks of tomato and peach).
- Serve right away as chilled gazpacho soup.