Cookbook:Pattaya Fried Rice
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pattaya Fried Rice|
This recipe is similar like Omurice, of Japanese cuisine.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (2 tbsp. for frying and 1 tbsp. for making an omelette)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 red chillies, cut small 1 cm
- 2 shallots, sliced finely
- 2 chicken fillets, cut 1,5 cm
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 scallion, cut small 1 cm
- 2 cups (700 g) rice
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. nam pla
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1½ tbsp. pepper
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 2 eggs for making omelette
Procedures[edit | edit source]
- Heat the oil on non-stick pan. If the oil is hot, fry the garlic and shallots and stir until brown and looks fragrant.
- Add the chicken fillet, carrot, green peas and red chilli, stir at 2 minutes. After that, add the rice.
- Add the nam pla, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Cook until all mixed.
- Heat the oil after cooking fried rice. Mix the egg and put into the pan, after looks like omelette, flip it over once the bottom side is lightly brown.
- Put in a bowl of the fried rice at the center of the omelet and wrap up the 4 edges and flip it over a serving plate.
- Served hot.
References[edit | edit source]
- Lester Haines (20 June 2015). "Post-pub nosh neckfiller: Nasi goreng pattaya". The Register. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/20/post_pub_nosh_nasi_goreng_pattaya/. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- Eve O'Sullivan (8 August 2015). "Readers' recipe swap: omelette [Malaysian fried rice omelette (nasi goreng pattaya)"]. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/08/omelette-readers-recipe-swap-eve-osullivan. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Selain Indonesia, 7 Negara Ini Juga Punya 'Nasi Goreng' yang Nikmat" (in Indonesian). Kumparan. 10 January 2018. https://kumparan.com/@kumparanfood/selain-indonesia-7-negara-ini-juga-punya-nasi-goreng-yang-nikmat. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Pattaya Fried Rice" (in English) (HTML). http://www.mykitchensnippets.com/2008/07/nasi-goreng-pattaya-pattaya-fried-rice.html. Retrieved June 28 2009.