Cookbook:Pattaya Fried Rice
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pattaya Fried Rice|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 tbsp olive oil (2 tbsp for frying and 1 tbsp for making an omelette)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 red chillies, cut in 1 centimeter (0.39 in) dice
- 2 shallots, sliced finely
- 2 chicken fillets, cut in 1.5 centimeters (0.59 in) pieces
- 1 cup (250 grams (8.8 oz)) green peas
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 scallion, cut in 1 centimeter (0.39 in) dice
- 2 cups (300 grams (11 oz)) cooked rice
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp nam pla
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1½ tbsp pepper
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 2 eggs for making omelette
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot, fry the garlic and shallots, stirring until brown and fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces, carrot, green peas, and red chilli. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, nam pla, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir until all mixed.
- To make the omelette, heat the oil in a separate pan. Beat the eggs, and pour into the pan. Cook until the egg is browned on the bottom.
- Flip the egg over to cook on the other side.
- Place a ball of the fried rice mixture in the center of the omelette. Fold up the 4 edges of the omelette to enclose the rice. Flip it onto a serving plate.
- Serve hot.
References[edit | edit source]
- Lester Haines (20 June 2015). "Post-pub nosh neckfiller: Nasi goreng pattaya". The Register. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/20/post_pub_nosh_nasi_goreng_pattaya/. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- Eve O'Sullivan (8 August 2015). "Readers' recipe swap: omelette [Malaysian fried rice omelette (nasi goreng pattaya)"]. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/08/omelette-readers-recipe-swap-eve-osullivan. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Selain Indonesia, 7 Negara Ini Juga Punya 'Nasi Goreng' yang Nikmat" (in Indonesian). Kumparan. 10 January 2018. https://kumparan.com/@kumparanfood/selain-indonesia-7-negara-ini-juga-punya-nasi-goreng-yang-nikmat. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Pattaya Fried Rice" (in English) (HTML). http://www.mykitchensnippets.com/2008/07/nasi-goreng-pattaya-pattaya-fried-rice.html. Retrieved June 28 2009.