Cookbook:Pasta in Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce (Pasta Alla Gorgonzola)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This recipe for pasta alla gorgonzola was originally contributed by Peterkirchem in 2007.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 500 g of the strongest Mountain or Valley Gorgonzola cheese you can buy
- a few drops of olive oil
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 1 pinch of mixed herbs
- Grated nutmeg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 glass of fresh milk
- Penne or your favourite pasta
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Put on the pasta to cook in plenty of salted water.
- Add the drops of olive oil to a preferably cast-iron saucepan, and crumble the pieces of Gorgonzola into it, on a VERY low heat. The cheese will melt and become runny, at which point add the ricotta cheese and continue to melt until the whole lot becomes a sauce.
- If the sauce remains too thick, add a little of the milk and heat up once again.
- Grate in plenty of nutmeg and add the mixed herbs and leave to stand for a little while.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain well and tip into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Gorgonzola sauce, and using a wooden spoon, mix well.
- Serve immediately, as with all pasta sauces.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Gorgonzola must be used—an alternative cheese will not do.
- A "ridged" pasta is the best for this recipe