Cookbook:Pasta in Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce (Pasta Alla Gorgonzola)
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 500 g of the strongest Mountain or Valley Gorgonzola cheese you can buy. (I don't care what anyone else says, an alternative cheese will NOT do!!)
- a few drops of olive oil
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- a pinch of mixed Herbs
- grated nutmeg
- zest of one lemon
- on standby - 1 glass of fresh milk
- penne or your favourite pasta (though a "ridged" pasta is the best for this recipe!)
- Put on the pasta to cook in plenty of salted water.
- Add the drops of olive oil to a preferably cast-iron saucepan, and crumble the pieces of Gorgonzola into it, on a VERY low heat. The cheese will melt and become runny, at which point add the ricotta cheese and continue to melt until the whole lot becomes a sauce.
- If the sauce remains too thick, add a little of the milk and heat up once again.
- Grate in plenty of nutmeg and add the mixed herbs and leave to stand for a little while.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain well and tip into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Gorgonzola sauce, and using a wooden spoon, mix well.
Serve, as with ALL pasta sauces, immediately.
Buon Appetito, Wikibookians !!
--Peterkirchem 08:29, 3 July 2007 (UTC)