|Pasta Soup for Kids
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Pasta | Soups
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- ½ cup carrots, in tiny cubes (the size of small peas)
- ½ cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced yellow crooked-neck squash
- ½ cup baby corn, ¼-inch pieces (or ¼ cup frozen corn [see Notes])
- ½ cup small peas (frozen [see Notes])
- ½ cup minced firm tofu
- 1 to 1½ cups cooked small pasta [see Notes]
- Bring broth to boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add carrots, and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until carrots are just tender.
- Add zucchini, squash, and corn.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in peas, tofu, and cooked pasta.
- Simmer just a couple of minutes longer.
- Serve hot (or very warm) in small bowl with small spoons.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Small pasta: alphabets, little circles, little stars, or orzo, or a combination to delight kids!
- Cook pasta and store in water, covered, in the refrigerator until use. Drain well to add to the hot broth.
- Frozen Vegetables can be added to the broth frozen.