Jump to navigation Jump to search
An easy recipe that can be whipped up in about 15 minutes from minimal ingredients for maximum style.
- Pasta (taglietelli, spaghetti or angel hair preferred)
- Mascarpone cheese (or similar bland cheese - e.g. Ricotta)
- Tomato puree (paste)
- Caviar (or lumpfish roe - cheaper alternative)
- Whole lemon
- Boil a kettle and put the pasta on.
- Melt the cheese (do not overheat) and stir in a little tomato puree to turn it salmon pink.
- Add a slug of vodka to the melted cheese.
- Add a teaspoon of caviar to the cheese and toss the drained pasta in it to coat.
- Cut lemon into wedges and use as garnish with a teaspoon or two of caviar.
Serve with champagne or crisp white wine.