Cookbook:Pad Kra Pao Gai
Pad Kra Pao Gai
One of the most well known dishes in Thailand is Pad Kra Pao Gai (ผัดกะเพราไก่).
Most places such as small street food stalls or even big restaurants have Pad Kra Pao Gai.
A recipe for Chicken Pad Kra Pao Gai will be provided and may be discussed in this resource.
It is cheap, the taste is remarkable, and it is quick and easy to cook.
One reason why Pad Kra Pao Gai is famous is because the recipe does not require many ingredients.
It is best served with hot jasmine rice that has a fried egg on top.
For a recipe on the web and photos, see the reference. 
- 15-20 Basil leaves
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5-10 Thai chillis
- 125g green beans finely chopped
- 500g lean mince chicken
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1½ tablespoons cooking oil
- A pinch of sugar
- Add the oil to a pan over high heat.
- Wait until the oil has heated up.
- Add the chillis and garlic to the pan and stir for roughly 10 seconds.
- Add the minced chicken with a spatula and add the garlic.
- When the chicken is nearly done add the green beans.
- Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce & a pinch of sugar.
- Stir for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, and add Thai or Sweet basil and stir for 5 seconds
- Serve with rice with a fried egg on top.