Cookbook:Nigerian Grilled Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Nigerian Grilled Chicken|
Nigerian grilled chicken is a spiced chicken dish commonly served with salad.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Chicken, rinsed
- Hung curd (thick plain yogurt)
- Ginger paste
- Garlic paste
- Red chili powder
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the hung curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, and garam masala in a large bowl. Stir until they are blended together.
- Rub the yogurt-spice mixture all over the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place chicken on grilling tray. Grill for hours, flipping the chicken at 30 minute intervals so that both sides can be evenly cooked.
- Serve with salad or jollof rice.