Cookbook:Nigerian Cheesy Sausage Masa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Nigerian Cheesy Sausage Masa|
Cheesy sausage masa is a variety of Nigerian masa. It is very easy to make in no time and can be served with any fruit juice. The sausage is a great source of vitamins and minerals, and cheese is a source of protein and fat.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Special equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Batter[edit | edit source]
- Cut the sausage into small, evenly-sized pieces. Do the same for the cheese.
- Mix the sausage and cheese pieces with the masa batter.
- Cook the masa using either the oven or stove method below.
Cooking – Oven method[edit | edit source]
- Grease the masa pan.
- Fill each divot to the brim with the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven until puffed, golden, and cooked through.
- Serve hot.
Cooking – Stove method[edit | edit source]
- Heat the masa pan on the stovetop.
- Add some oil to each divot, and let it get hot.
- Fill each divot to the brim with batter.
- Cook on one side until golden brown.
- Flip the masa over, and cook on the other side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- For this recipe, you will need a masa pan, which is a specialized pan with divots in it used to cook the masa.