Cookbook:Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Nasi Goreng)
|Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 servings of steamed rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 Tbsp fish oil
- 10 ml coconut oil
- Sweet soy sauce
- Salty soy sauce or salt
- Ground pepper
Optional ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 20 stink beans or green beans
- 100 g chicken fillet, cut into small pieces
- 100 g small prawns
- 4 fish meatballs
- 2 spoons of tinned corned beef
- 1 cucumber
- Sliced hot dogs or sausages
- Sliced chicken liver
- Sliced salted dried fish
- Spring onion
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Slice shallots and red pepper into thin slices.
- Crush garlic, peel of the skin, and mince well.
- Slice stinky beans in half, or as desired.
- Heat oil in wok, add the chicken or prawn, and stir fry until done.
- Add shallot, pepper, garlic and stink beans. Stir until garlic turns golden.
- Crack in the eggs, and stir fry until half done.
- Add the steamed rice, and stir until all mixed.
- Add soy sauces, salt, and ground pepper as desired.
- Serve on plates, adding fresh cucumber slices or tomatoes as garnish.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Use cold rice, preferably leftover from a day before. Unsticky rice is easier to cook and preferred by some.
- Some prefer not to use stinky beans and use green peas or green beans as a substitute. This will give a nice shade of green.
Variations[edit | edit source]
- If you are cooking with corned beef, leave the sweet soy sauce out. This is a variation of nasi goreng called nasi goreng kornet or corned beef fried rice.
- Try including a fried egg, sunny side up, as accompaniment on the side.
- You can use salted fish as a variation to make nasi goreng ikan asin, or salted fish fried rice. In this case, leave out the sweet soy sauce.
- Substitute green peas with sliced spring onions, adding them after the rice has been added to the wok. Spring onions will give nice aroma and color to the fried rice.
- Prawn cracker/chips are a nice condiment on the side.