From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 servings of steamed rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 Tbsp fish oil
- 10 cc coconut oil
- Sweet soy sauce
- Salty soy sauce or salt
- Ground pepper
- 20 stinky or green beans
- 100 gr chicken fillet, small pieces
- 100 gr small Prawn
- 4 fish meatball
- 2 spoon of corned beef
- 1 cucumber
- Sliced hot dogs or sausages
- Sliced chicken liver
- Sliced salted dried fish
- Spring onion / scallion
- Slice shallots and red pepper into thin slices
- Crush garlic, peel of the skin, chop into small pieces
- Slice stinky beans by half or as favored.
- Heat oil on wok, Stir Fry chicken or prawn until done
- Put shallot, pepper, garlic and stinky beans. Stir until garlic turns golden.
- Put eggs in, stir fry until half done.
- Put steamed rice, stir until all mixed.
- Add soy sauces, salt and ground pepper, as desired.
- Serve on 2 dinner plates, add fresh cucumber slices or tomatoes as garnish.
Notes, Tips & Variations
- Rice: Use cold rice, preferably leftover from a day before. Unsticky rice means easier to cook and preferable texture for some.
- Special Fried Rice: Have fried egg, sunny side up, as accompaniment on the side.
- Cracker: Prawn cracker/chips is also a nice condiments on the side.
- Corned Beef Fried Rice: If you are cooking with corned beef, leave the sweet soy sauce out. This is a variation of Nasi Goreng called Nasi Goreng Kornet or Corned Beef Fried Rice.
- Stinky Beans: Some rather not to use stinky beans, then use green peas as substitute. Will give nice shade of green.
- Salted Fish Fried Rice: You can use Salted fish as a variation, leave the sweet soy sauce out. This is Nasi Goreng Ikan Asin, or Salted Fish Fried Rice.
- Spring Onion: Substitute green peas with spring onions, put them after the rice has been poured into the wok. Spring onions will give nice aroma and color to the fried rice.