Cookbook:Chickpea Flour Dessert (Mysore Pak)
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Mysore Pak)
- Gram flour (Besan) = 1 cup
- Sugar = 21/2 cups
- Ghee = 2 - 3 cup
- Elaichi = 1/4 tspoon
- First, roast a cup of gram flour in ghee.
- Then, boil a cup of sugar until it turns to concentrated sugar solution (pak). The traditional way to find the appropriate concentration is thread method, where a drop of sugar solution is placed between the thumb and the point finger. If a thread can be drawn by separating the fingers, then the sugar solution is ready. If more threads can be drawn, then more water needs to be added.
- Put handful of roasted Gram flour in paagu (boiled sugar).
- Heat ghee separately.
- Pour small amount of ghee in the sugar concentrate and gram flour mix.
- Keep stirring the mixture and keep the heat on.
- Again, put handful of gram flour and remaining ghee.
- More ghee can be added, till the mixture stop taking in more ghee.
- After the mixture is boiled, it turns into crispy, bubble form.
- Now, pour it in a plate and after minutes of drying, cut it into pieces of desired shapes.
In Milk Mysore pak, the chick pea (besan) flour is replaced by Skimmed Milk Powder, and the preparation is more or less similar that of standard Mysore Pak.