Cookbook:Mushroom Tofu Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 10.5 oz soft (silken) tofu
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
Special equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a blender, blend tofu and ¼ cup water for about 2 minutes, or until smooth
- Add remaining ¾ cup water and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and thyme, and sauté 5 minutes more.
- Add wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu mixture and simmer until mushrooms are wilted.
- Stir in soy sauce, and adjust salt to taste.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Using less water and/or adding some flour turns this into a delicious cream sauce for pasta.