Jump to navigation Jump to search
In traditional Japanese cuisine, miso soup is served for breakfast every day, and often served with meals as well.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp miso
- 2 green onions (optional), finely minced
- ½ cake tofu (optional), cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2–3 fresh mushrooms (optional), thinly sliced
- 5–6 shrimp (optional), cubed or shredded
- Some pieces of seaweed (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil in a small pot.
- Add green onion. Cook for a few minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Dissolve miso in remaining ½ cup of water and add to pot.
- Lower heat and add mushrooms, seaweed, and tofu if desired