Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 medium artichoke
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Seasonings (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cut off top 1/3 of the artichoke, and all but 1 inch of the stem.
- Remove base leaves and cut off the tips of the higher leaves.
- Sprinkle artichoke with lemon juice to preserve color.
- Place artichoke stem up in a microwave safe dish tall enough to place lid without touching the artichoke.
- Fill dish with 1 inch (3 cm) of water and any of the optional seasonings.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes, and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes. The artichoke is cooked when a paring knife can be inserted into the heart without resistance.
- Remove artichoke from the dish and place upside down to drain.
- Serve whole, with one or more dips. Diners should remove a leaf, dip the base of the leaf in the dip, and eat the fleshy base of the leaf.
- When all the leaves are gone, remove the choke, cut the heart of the artichoke into bite sized pieces, and serve with the dip.