Jump to navigation Jump to search
For all of you who would like to make your own applesauce, but without having to do much work, this recipe is for you.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1½ cups apple jelly
- ¼ cup Grade B Amber maple syrup (Grade A Dark Amber would be okay too)
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe container.
- Cover container, leaving 1 corner open, and microwave on high 7–8 minutes or until apples are easy to mash.
- Remove cinnamon stick and discard.
- For a chunky sauce, mash the apples with a potato masher. For a slightly smoother sauce, use a hand mixer. For a smooth pureé, use an immersion blender.