For all of you who would like to make your own applesauce, but without having to do much work, this recipe is for you.
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 1/2 cups apple jelly
- 1/4 cup Grade B Amber maple syrup (Grade A Dark Amber would be okay too)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe container. Cover, leaving 1 corner open, and microwave on high 7-8 minutes or until apples are easy to mash.
- Remove cinnamon stick and discard. For a chunky sauce, use a potato masher. For a slightly smoother sauce, use a hand mixer. For a smooth pureé, use an immersion blender.