Cookbook:Mexican Rice Pilaf
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
There's a lot of Mexican flavors in this dish, like tequila, Mexican oregano, chile powder, habanero chiles, tomato paste, and rice.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup tequila
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 habanero chiles, stemmed
- 1 tbsp dried Mexican oregano
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Rinse rice with cold water until water runs clear. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add rice and cook until rice turns golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine tequila, broth, tomato, salt, oregano, and pepper. Pour over rice and bring to a boil. Add bay leaves and habanero chiles.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until rice is desired tenderness. Remove bay leaves and chiles. Serve warm.