Cookbook:Mesquite BBQ Burger
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mesquite BBQ Burger|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound ground chuck
- ½ tsp mesquite smoke powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tsp light molasses
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat grill to 500–575°F.
- Combine garlic, smoke powder, and 4 heavy pinches each of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Form into ¾ inch-thick patties and make an indentation in the center of each patty with your thumb.
- Sprinkle patties on both sides with seasoning mixture. Place on grill and cook, turning often, until desired "doneness" is achieved.
- Serve on buns with cook's choice of cheese and desired toppings.