Cookbook:Mediterranean Grilled Tuna
|Mediterranean Grilled Tuna|
|Time||15 minutes + refrigeration|
This is a very simple and quick recipe for delicious fresh tuna steaks.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 fresh tuna steaks of around 150 g each
- 4 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 spoons of balsamic vinegar
- squeezed juice of 1 lime
- fresh tarragon leaves
- salt and pepper
- At least one hour before serving, prepare a marinade with the oil, vinegar or lime juice, tarragon leaves, salt and pepper in a flat container. Pour over the tuna steaks and turn them to make sure all pieces are well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it is time to grill.
- Spray a clean grill or grilling container with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the excess of the marinade and grill over the tuna steaks for about four minutes for each side or until nicely charred on the outside and still a bit pink in the middle.
- Place the steaks on individual serving dishes and pour the marinade on the grilled tuna.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, steamed rice or a salad of spinach leaves.