Cookbook:Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp freshly ground cinnamon
- Cover potatoes in a large pot with cold water by at least an inch.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes into a colander. Remove water from pot and add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Mash potatoes with either an immersion blender or potato masher.
- If you used a potato masher, combine ingredients thoroughly. If you did not, then you can skip this step.
- Serve immediately.