From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Skinless chicken fillets
- Fresh mango
- Whole ginger root
- Curry powder
- Dry sherry or other white wine
- Vegetable oil
- Grated coconut or ground peanuts (optional)
- Mince the garlic. Cut the skin off the ginger and cut it into thin sticks. Cut up the mango into bite-sized pieces (if you don't know how to cut up a mango, see ).
- Trim any gristle off the chicken and cut it into bite-sized pieces too.
- Put a saucepan or sauté pan on medium high heat and add a few teaspoons of oil. #When the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger, stirring frequently. After a minute or so, add the chicken. If you have a lot of chicken or a small pan, you may have to cook it in multiple batches. Cook until no more pink is visible and there are light brown scorch marks on all sides. Sprinkle curry powder over it at some point.
- When the chicken is almost done, add the mango and cook more, but no longer than a minute. To stop the cooking, add the wine to deglaze and turn down the heat.
Serve over rice (e.g., jasmine rice) and top with coconut or peanuts.